Friday, May 06, 2005

In Meulaboh now

Wow,

I met some fishermen in Banda who said Meulaboh is the hero of Aceh, now I know what they mean. This place really is hard. The shelter programe is just getting on its feet and there are huge sanitation problems. I don't know how there isn't major health problems here, maybe it is soon to come.

Had a tour around some of the Barracks and Tents today as well as some camps. One of the camps had little or no organisation, and the people will be living there for at least 6 months. CRS are doing a great job here but the work load is immense. There are just so many people to house. I found it quite difficult.

In one camp we just went to there was a group of people living in tents where they used to rent their house. The landlord has given them 2 months to find somewhere new.
Anyway, I'll try get some pics up soon

Take Care

Camo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home